May 9, 2023Registration opens for annual Purdue Fruit and Vegetable Field Day
Purdue Extension invites fruit and vegetable growers to attend its annual Purdue Fruit and Vegetable Field Day. The field day will be held July 20, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET at Throckmorton Purdue Agricultural Center’s Meigs Horticulture Research Farm. The annual event offers educational sessions and networking opportunities.
“We are looking forward to showcasing new research and updating attendees about ongoing work at Purdue,” said Petrus Langenhoven, horticulture and hydroponics crops specialist at Purdue. “This year’s field day will build on the experience of last year’s. Take a little time off from farming and attend this fantastic learning event.”
- Black soldier fly composting and specialty crop production
- Collard insect management trial
- High tunnel diversification and biological control
- Plasticulture strawberry research
- Silage tarps for weed management in potatoes
- Soil health and pepper yield
- Sweet corn pest management
- Unmanned aerial vehicle demonstration
- Watermelon weed management
- Meigs Horticulture Research Farm is located at 9101 S. 100 E., Lafayette.
- Registration costs $25 per person and includes a boxed lunch.
- Registration is now open, and Purdue students can register for free with a discount code.
For more information about Purdue Extension, visit extension.purdue.edu.