Mar 24, 2022Upcoming meet and greet for climate-smart commodities partnerships
USDA is committed to supporting a diverse set of farmers, ranchers and forest owners through climate solutions that increase resilience, expand market opportunities and strengthen rural America. The new Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities opportunity provides up to $1 billion for pilot projects that create market opportunities for commodities produced using climate-smart practices. USDA is now accepting project applications for fiscal year 2022.
Meet & Greet webinar series
This “Meet and Greet” Webinar Series is meant to help support and encourage partnerships for proposal development. We understand that to move forward in developing markets for climate-smart commodities a variety of partners need to come together. USDA does not endorse any particular participant.
Before registering for this webinar, please understand that both registration and participation in these webinars are completely voluntary, and an applicant’s decision to participate or not will not impact USDA consideration of any grant applications under the Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities. Registration information, including names, organizations, and email addresses will likely be shared publicly, including publication at www.usda.gov/climate-smart-commodities.
Please register by 5 p.m. EDT Monday, March 28 for the webinar session that fits your needs. (Registration for a particular session may close earlier if enrollment exceeds 200 participants. Additional sessions may be added if necessary.):
- Producer Connections
Meet & Greet Webinar 1 – March 29, 11 a.m. EDT
- If you have producer connections you want to share or are seeking producer connections for your proposal.
- Measurement, Monitoring, Reporting and Verification
Meet & Greet Webinar 2 – March 29, 4 p.m. EDT
- If you have expertise in measurement, monitoring, reporting and/or verification or are seeking that expertise for your proposal
- Climate-Smart Commodity Marketing
Meet & Greet Webinar 3 – March 31, 1 p.m. EDT
- If you have expertise in climate-smart commodity marketing or are seeking that expertise for your proposal.
- Engaging Small/Historically Underserved Producers
Meet & Greet Webinar 4 – March 31, 4 p.m. EST
- If you have ideas for engaging small and/or historically underserved producers in a proposal or are seeking new ideas or partners with expertise in working with small and/or historically underserved producers.
If you have a question about the funding opportunity, please send it to email@example.com.
For more information, visit Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities here.